Thank you so much for visiting the website of St. Cecilia Roman Catholic Church. St. Cecilia's, a Parish of the Diocese of Covington, KY, is located in Independence, KY. Independence, the county seat of Kenton County, although appearing rural, is actually the largest city in the Commonwealth and is also the fastest-growing city as well! Our Parish has a rich history in this community, with many parishioners whose families have been members for generations; as well as a significant number of families who are recent transplants from other communities.
Ours is a Parish where growth in faith and service for Jesus Christ is encouraged and fostered through worship, catechesis, devotion to the Sacraments, and volunteerism in a variety of facets. In accord with our Holy Father, Pope Francis, and the teachings of the Magisterium, we seek to prepare parishioners as witnesses for the Lord wherever they may be. As an outreach of our Parish, St. Cecilia Elementary School provides a quality Catholic education for our children from pre-school through the 8th grade.
Information for participating in our Parish life is provided herein. If you are currently a parishioner of St. Cecilia's, you may enjoy visiting your home site; if by chance you have been away from the Church or are searching for a Parish home, please come and visit! I believe you will find St. Cecilia's to be exactly the church you have been looking for.
On behalf of the wonderful Parishioners of St. Cecilia Roman Catholic Church, I welcome you!
The Lord bless you and keep you,
Rev. Harry Settle
Click the link below to view our latest church bulletin!
Monday - Friday | 8:00am
Saturday Vigil | 4:00pm
Sunday | 8:30am, 11:00am
BENEDICTION | EXPOSITION
Thursday | 9:00am - 7:00pm
Monday | 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday | 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday | 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday | 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday | 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fr. Harry Settle | Pastor
Mrs. Kristen Brann | Church Secretary
Mrs. Diana Brettl |Business Manager
Mrs. Jeanetta Kathman | School Principal
Mr. Bill Schmaide | Maintenance Director
Mrs. Rebecca Wells | Music Director
There are no upcoming scheduled events.
Readings for the week of January 23, 2022
- Sunday: Neh 8:2-4a, 5-6, 8-10 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 15 / 1 Cor 12:12-30 or 12:12-14, 27 / Lk 1:1-4; 4:14-21
- Monday: 2 Sm 5:1-7, 10 / Ps 89:20, 21-22, 25-26 / Mk 3:22-30
- Tuesday: Acts 22:3-16 or Acts 9:1-22 / Ps 117: 1bc, 2 / Mk 16:15-18
- Wednesday: 2 Tm 1:1-8 or Ti 1:1-5 / Ps 89:4-5, 27-28, 29-30 / Mk 4:1-20
- Thursday: 2 Sm 7:18-19, 24-29 / Ps 132:1-2, 3-5, 11, 12, 13-14 / Mk 4:21-25
- Friday: 2 Sm 11:1-4a, 5-10a, 13-17 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6a, 6bcd-7, 10-11 / Mk 4:26-34
- Saturday: 2 Sm 12:1-7a, 10-17 / Ps 51:12-13, 14-15, 16-17 / Mk 4:35-41
- Next Sunday: Jer 1:4-5, 17-19 / Ps 71:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 15-17 [cf. 15ab] / 1 Cor 12:31—13:13 or 13:4-13 / Lk 4:21-30